Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Does Anyone Else Hate Gift Vouchers?

I hate Gift Vouchers for two reasons





1) Obviously they severely limit what you can spend. your money on to only one place.





10 quid note- can spend anywhere in UK





10 quid gift voucher- can only spend at HMV





2) Because of this the first thing I think when I get a gift voucher is 'I wish I had the money instead of the voucher', then the second thing I think is 'at least they gave you something you ungrateful b*stard'





So for me gift vouchers annoy me, and make me angry with myself





anyone agree? I wish people would just give me money instead. The reason I get told why people do gift vouchers is that giving cash sometimes looks a bit crass to some people.....so why don't they write a cheque.Does Anyone Else Hate Gift Vouchers?
ah me too, id much prefer the money or for them to go and take the time and think of what to get me.


but it is the thought that counts and at least they got you something..Does Anyone Else Hate Gift Vouchers?
Yeah, give me cash, lame gifters! Don't try and exert a feeble level of control over what I am going to buy. If you want me to get a CD, then chose the CD yourself you lazy swine. Now that voucher will sit in my wallet for three months getting steadily grubbier, until I have to go out of my way to spend an hour in some city centre chain store trying to decide which recent dvd release nauseates me the least. I hate vouchers, and I despise you, voucher-giver!
I agree with you.The vouchers can be for something you wouldn't want anyway.I pass them to someone who would use them,that is if they haven't got my name on.
I don't personally buy gift vouchers as gifts, I tend to spend hours choosing gifts for people, sad and pathetic really.


I do however love getting gift vouchers, no matter where they are from. If it is somewhere I don't normally shop, then I feel it is a fantastic reason to buy something completely random for no other reason than to treat myself! I usually use them to buy gifts for my kids and husband...things I havent been able to afford otherwise.


I wonder why some of you are so offended by HMV vouchers? Do you not buy CD's and DVD's? Perhaps you are a little snobbish as to where you get your music from. Me personally, I can't afford to buy new CD's, there are so many artists that I really want, but have a family that needs to eat more than I need music!


Gift vouchers are still gifts, and I tend to appreciate anything I receive!
  • eye lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment