Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm giving gift vouchers to my favourite shop because I didn't know what she'd like...?

But she most likely has not heard of the shop. It seems a bit impersonal to give vouchers but I want for her to visit the shop herself to get what she wants.





What should I write in the card, this is what i was planning to write but any advice would be great thanks,





';Dear ___________





For you from my favourite shop. I wasn't sure what you'd like, so I'd like for you to visit them yourself.





Thank you for everything, for your honesty, for telling me the truth and not what I really wanted to hear.';





(this is a thank you gift of 拢30 lush vouchers)I'm giving gift vouchers to my favourite shop because I didn't know what she'd like...?
First thing the letter sounds really nice and thoughtful. Secondly if, and only if, you think that she will enjoy the products from Lush then go for it.





I have several friends who are happy to try new things and others who aren't and it doesn't matter what you do to introduce them, they are not interested.





Good luck with your decision.





KDI'm giving gift vouchers to my favourite shop because I didn't know what she'd like...?
i think its a brillant and thoughtful way to introduce your friend to a shop you like. You are a thoughtful person by gifting a thank you, so im sure your friend will appreciate whatever you gift, if shes a good friend.





I would stick to what you originally want to say in the card. Best wishes
A gift is a gift and I would be please to be given 拢30 in vouchers to spend in a shop that you would spend in.





I think that is very kind of you!





Say what ever you want to say as she is your friend, perhaps add thankyou for being my friend.
You are making a meal of this.If you know your friend enough you should now what she likes.Buy her a present,vouchers are impersonal or take her out for a meal.
It would be better to give her vouchers to HER ';favorite shop'; It's pretty self-centered of you to pick YOUR favorite store for her ';gift.';
Truthfully, give her a gift to something SHE would like instead of something that YOU like.
Well since it's lush (love the smell when walking past it lol) you could say dear.... thank you so much for all you do, these vouchers will give you the lovely treat of relaxation you need =)...





Something along them lines maybe, It's a good gift because she can find her perfect scent, rather than you getting the wrong kind. So don't feel guilty or anything as it also gives her freedom and you can guarantee she will then like the gift since she's picked it, and compared to john lewis stores lush seems more personal because it's rarer to get given gift cards for there than John Lewis. I'd love to recieve gift vouchers for there and i'm sure you're friend will. It's also like a key to maybe one of her favourite shops which she can always thank you for since it's because of you she first went in there.





Sorry for the blabbing on =P


Have a great day, give her the lush vouchers and don't worry about it cause she's gonna looove them ^^





-Mark-
All I have heard/seen in your question is 'I'. It is HER birthday, so if you have to give her vouchers give her some from HER favourite shop. You dont have to give her Lush vouchers in order to share the shop with her- tell her about it and then she can make up her own mind about it. Because if she doesnt like that kind of thing what is she going to do with the vouchers? If it was my birthday I would rather get vouchers for somewhere that I love than somwhere that I dont even know.





Edit: Ooops, I dont know where I got the birthday idea from?! Anyway, I still think it's better to get her a gift that you know she'll like. Maybe you could go shopping together and then while you're there you could take her into Lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment