Saturday, January 23, 2010

I bought a gift voucher for 100 bucks for my bf for his birthday?

He seemed semi happy with it, but then my housemate came home, he had bought him a guitar stand and my bf was so happier with that gift.


I feel like crap. any one else had this kind of thing happen.I bought a gift voucher for 100 bucks for my bf for his birthday?
I think it's because it's acceptable to make over a gift that has an undetermined cash value, but it's not ok to make a big deal out of just plain money. The gift voucher, or gift card, 100 bucks, is really generous. But if he's like ';wow, 100 bucks, thank you so much! It's way better than 50 bucks! Not 200 bucks, but you know, wow, 100 bucks!'; it would sound like he was greedy and loved money. The gift though, it could have been a green necktie, and he would be able to say, ';wow a green necktie! I love it! This is my favorite color of green! I needed one for work, and it will go well with my suit, so thanks for finding me this great tie! You are so thoughtful!'; and he wouldn't sound greedy at all, he would sound like he appreciated the gift.





So I think that's the difference between giving someone cash or a gift card with a cash value, and giving them a tangible gift that they can describe with many more adjectives.I bought a gift voucher for 100 bucks for my bf for his birthday?
well, it depends on what the gift voucher was for. Since you picked it out, i'm sure you must have had your reasons for doing so, and you must have thought that he liked it.


things like that happen all the time, don't they?


i'm sure most of us have received something in our life that we do not like. we can't really help it, and since these kinda things are up to personal preferences.


He doesn't have to be happy about it, it's the thoughts that count.


He's lucky that he's got you as his girlfriend!


*Good Luck!
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment