Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gift vouchers, why do people buy these!!?

Just reading through the news that stores going bust are not accepting gift vouchers so the people who received the gift vouchers are loosing out, but it makes me think, why in the first place do people even buy these vouchers? it doesn't cost any less to buy a voucher than to give cash, its got to be spend in that store so you can't shop around for the best deals and you don't get change,


why not just give cash that can be spent everywhere, you can shop around and you get your change!





vouchers are just annoying and usually a waste of money because the person who receives it will buy any odd rubbish just to use it upGift vouchers, why do people buy these!!?
I completely agree with you i don't buy vouchers a complete waste of time.Gift vouchers, why do people buy these!!?
I used to get vouchers for Christmas from my Aunt every year while everyone else got a present. In my eyes there is no clearer way of saying ';I didn't think about you until the very last minute'; than gift vouchers.





I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that I'd rather have a 拢2 crappy plastic toy which has had a bit of thought gone in to it than a 拢10 gift voucher.





People who buy gift vouchers don't know you.
because this forces you to actually buy something of actual use.





ie: macy's: you can get clothes





cash: you can blow it on drugs, fast food or something extremely stupid.





Its meant to mean more than just cash....





I dont mind them cause I picked up a few polos and a pair of jeans rom dillards/macys this Xmas.
Many people are stuck on the idea of what to get people because they either have everything or don't know what they want. They have no idea what to get them but still feel as though they need to put in a bit of effort, rather than just putting money in an envelope.
I know why I buy vouchers rather than give cash - it's to make sure the money effectively buys a gift rather than just getting swallowed up by day to day living costs. I have to agree that in the current climate cash may be a safer bet at the moment!
I always lose gift vouchers. Someone gave me a tenners worth of one for xmas and I think it ended up in the bin because it was just receipt paper - what kind of shop prints their vouchers on receipt paper?!
gift Vs help control buyer behaviour around your own preferences of bargains(seller of vouchers or gifters)
It's like giving money to people. Maybe they only want their receivers to buy from that store haha
yes i agree, i think its because it just looks and sounds better than saying i got cash for my birthday or whatever,
STD patients with the same wonderful life


Still in love

No comments:

Post a Comment